In order to get Backup Radar to successfully monitor your Dell EMC backups, you will need to login to your Dell EMC DPA portal and create a new "Scheduled Report" to be sent to your Backup Radar mailbox.
If you do not know your Backup Radar email address, this can be found in-app by navigating to Configuration Mailboxes. For more detailed steps, see How to view your email mailbox in app.
1. Navigate to "Report Jobs" using the left-hand menu and click the "Create" button.
2. The proceeding menu is where we will begin to configure the report that needs to be sent.
3. You will need to select the report type using the "Select Report" button at the top of the menu. This will need to be "Custom Backup All Clients".
4. Set the Time Period to "Last Hour" and the schedule to "Hourly".
5. Next we will need to create the "Publish Settings", please the below image for how this needs to be configured. The subject must be "[DELLEMCNETWORKER] All Backup Jobs Hourly Report" to have this report correctly identified by our parser.
6. Click "OK" to close this window. Before saving the report, ensure the report is being run as an administrator account.
After the next report is generated and is successfully received by your Backup Radar mailbox, your backups will show for activation.
Please note: Your portal may not reflect the screenshots shown in this article exactly due to updates or changes made by the vendor. If these are no longer valid, please contact our team to help get these email notifications set up.