Who can use this feature?
• Administrator users.
• Standard users (who have been granted access).
Creating a New Schedule
Follow the steps below to create a new schedule in Backup Radar.
- In your Backup Radar account, click Manage > Schedules.
- Click the Create Schedule button.
- Enter the following information (your schedule details should match the days that the relevant backup runs) and click Create:
a. Name (required):
b. Description (required):
c. Days of Week (if applicable):
d. Months (if applicable):
e. Days of Month (if applicable):
f. Every 'x' days (if applicable):
Note: If you would like Backup Radar to assume all possible options in a field are selected, you can do this by either leaving the field blank (which can be done for all fields except the Months field) or clicking the check box to the right of the field.
- In most cases, backups are scheduled on a daily or weekly basis. However, some backups are scheduled more uniquely to occur on a specific cadence. For example, some backups may run on the third Friday of the month.
Because the third Friday of a month can only fall within the 15th and 21st of a month, the settings below demonstrate how to capture all occurrences of the third Friday of the month. You can use variations of this technique (shown below) to set up any unique schedule cadences.
- Once saved, your new schedule will be available on the schedule list with the default options. You may need to refresh your page to see it.
Assigning a Schedule
Follow the steps below to assign a schedule in Backup Radar.
- In your Backup Radar account, click Manage > Edit Backups.
- Select the backup job you would like to assign a schedule to and click Bulk Edit.
- Select the Configuration tab.
- In the Schedules field, remove the current schedule by clicking the X.
Note: When editing backups in bulk, you will not have the option to remove the schedule. The system will overwrite the backups you selected with the schedule you choose.
- Select your new schedule from the Schedules drop-down menu.
- Click on the schedule to edit your date range.
- Under First Date, click the calendar icon and then choose the date when your backups first started coming through, and click Save. This will ensure that you don't lose your history.
Note: In templates, you will not have the ability to modify the First Date.
- Under Last Date, only choose a date if you know when this backup will be retired from your system.
- Once saved, your modified schedule will be available on the schedule list with the default options. You may need to refresh your page to see it.
Any questions? Reach out to our friendly, neighborhood support team by submitting a support ticket.