Status Calculation controls how Backup Radar displays the overall status of a backup that has received multiple results in a day. The status that is displayed reflects the 24hr period starting at your defined Start of Business Day and is calculated for that day based on the logic selected.
If multiple results are received in a day and they are all uniform (ie; all success) or the backup only reports a single result per day, then there is nothing to calculate and Backup Radar will simply display the status as is.
Below are examples of what each option offers and how they will act:
- Warning if mixed (previously called Default)
- Success - If all results were successful for the day Backup Radar will show a success.
- Failure - If all results were failure Backup Radar will show the backup as a failure.
- Warning - If there is a warning or a combination of success and failure results Backup Radar will show the overall status as a Warning.
- Last Status Received
- This logic will show the last result of the backup. For example, if yesterday’s last backup was a failure then the calculated status for that day will be a failure status for the day even if other successes came in for the day. If the last backup for yesterday or the current day was a success it will show the overall status for that day as a success.
- Worst Status Received
- This logic will show the least favourable result that was that was received by Backup Radar on the day. For example, if there was one failure, one warning and four successes in a day, the calculated status of the backup for that day will be a failure.
- Best Status Received
- This logic will show the most favourable result that was reported on the day. For example, if there were four failures, two warnings, and one success in a day, then the calculated status of the backup for that day will be success.
*Status' are ranked as such (from Best to Worst): Success, Warning, Failure
**Due to the nature of how they are produced, the status of No Result and Pending operate apart from the Status Calculation.
It is important to keep your Status Calculation in mind when creating/updating Ticketing Rules & Email Notifications as Status is a primary trigger/filtering method for what will or won't produce an alert.