Retire Backups is a helpful feature for when you no longer need a backup (for example, when a customer moves on or you retire a device).
Follow the steps below to retire a backup in your Backup Radar account:
- Under Manage, select Edit Backups.
- Select the backup you would like to retire and click Bulk Retire.
- Add a reason for retiring and click Retire.
Once your backup has been retired successfully, you can find it in your Manage > Retired Backups screen. It will no longer display in the Dashboard, Audit, or Active Reports screens. Results will continue to parse and history will be saved.
To restore a retired backup in your Backup Radar account, follow these steps:
- Under Manage, select Retired Backups.
- Select the retired backup you would like to restore and click Bulk Reactivate.
- Click Reactivate to finish restoring your retired backup.
Once your retired backup has been queued for reactivation, you can find it in your Manage > Activate Backups screen and reactivate the backup from there.
For instructions on how to activate a single backup in Backup Radar, see How to activate a single backup.
Any questions? Reach out to our friendly, neighborhood support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.