Follow the steps below to create an integration between Kaseya BMS and Backup Radar.
Note: This article captures third-party steps and/or an interface that may have since been updated.
1. In your Kaseya BMS account, go to Admin, select Security > Roles, and click the + New button.
2. Name your security role. Under Role Type, choose Internal, and click Save.
3. Scroll down to Permissions and assign the following permissions:
4. Under the Admin section, check the box for Special Features: Has API Access.
5. Scroll to the top and click Save (S).
6. Go to HR > Employees and click the + New button to create a new employee.
7. Fill out all the required fields as appropriate.
a. Under User Type, choose Api Employee.
b. Under Security Roles, choose the new security role you created earlier in these steps.
8. Click Save when you're done.
9. Check your email inbox for a welcome email from Kaseya, and follow the instructions to set up your new account password.
10. Click your name at the top right corner, select My Settings to navigate to your My Profile page, and keep this page open.
11. In Backup Radar, click Integration > PSA Integration.
12. Under the PSA Integration tab, click Configure.
13. From the PSA Integration drop-down menu, select Kaseya BMS.
14. Enter the following information for the Kaseya user you will be using for the integration and click Next Step. Note that most of this information can be found on the My Profile page in your Kaseya BMS account.
a. Server Address: Copy and paste your Gateway URL up to and including the .com (for example, https://abc.kaseya.com).
b. API Version: Select Version 2.
c. User Name: Enter your Kaseya account user name.
d. Password: Enter your Kaseya account password.
e. Company Name: Enter your Kaseya BMS account company name.
15. Select the Account Types and Customer Statuses you wish to sync to Backup Radar and click Next Step.
Note: We do not sync any other information beyond the company name.
16. The final step gives you an opportunity to preview which of your Kaseya companies will be imported. Select Get companies to see this list.
If there are any issues with the list, click Previous Step to go back and make the necessary adjustments. When you are ready to proceed you can select Confirm Integration.
For more information, feel free to review the following article from Kaseya: BMS API | Dedicated API integration account in PSA.
To make modifications to or delete your PSA integration, follow the steps in the following article: Modifying and Deleting a PSA Integration.
Once complete, and while you're still on this page, you can set up your ticketing defaults, which is the first step towards taking advantage of our intelligent ticketing.
For instructions on how to set up your ticketing defaults in Backup Radar, see Ticketing Defaults.
Any questions? Reach out to our friendly, neighborhood support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.