Follow the steps below to create an integration between Kaseya BMS and Backup Radar.
Note: This article captures third-party steps and/or an interface that may have since been updated.
1. In your Kaseya BMS account, go to Security, select Roles, and click the + New button.
2. Name your internal security role Backup Radar and click Save.
3. Scroll down to Permissions and assign the following permissions:
4. Under the Admin section, check the box for Special Features: Has API Access.
5. Scroll to the top and click Save (S).
6. Under HR, select Employees and click the + New button.
7. Enter the following information and click Save:
a. User Name: This can be anything you like (for example, "Backup Radar").
b. First Name: This can be anything you like (for example, "Backup").
c. Last Name: This can be anything you like (for example, "Radar").
d. Emp ID: This can be anything you like (for example, "100").
e. Email Address: This can be any email address you have access to.
f. Job Title: This can be anything you like (for example, "Administrator").
g. Department: This can be anything you like (for example, "Administration").
h. Manager: This can be anything you like (for example, your name).
i. Employment Type: This can be anything you like (for example, "Contractor").
j. Employee Roles: This can be anything you like (for example, "Administration").
k: Security Roles: Set this to "Backup Radar".
l: Location: This can be anything you like (for example, "Main").
m: User Type: This can be anything you like (for example, "Api Employee").
8. Check your email inbox for a welcome email from Kaseya, and follow the instructions to set up your new account password.
9. In Backup Radar, click Integration > PSA Integration.
10. Under the PSA Integration tab, click Configure.
11. From the PSA Integration drop-down menu, select Kaseya BMS.
12. Enter the following information for the new Kaseya user you will be using for the integration and click Next Step:
a. Server Address: Copy and paste your server address up to and including the .com (for example, https://abc.kaseya.com).
b. API Version: Select Version 1 or Version 2.
c. User Name: Enter your Kaseya account user name.
d. Password: Enter your Kaseya account password.
e. Company Name: Enter your Kaseya BMS company identifier.
13. Select the Account Types and Customer Statuses you wish to sync to Backup Radar and click Next Step.
Note: We do not sync any other information beyond the company name.
14. The final step gives you an opportunity to preview which of your Kaseya companies will be imported. Select Get companies to see this list.
If there are any issues with the list, click Previous Step to go back and make the necessary adjustments. When you are ready to proceed you can select Confirm Integration.
15. You can modify your PSA Sync Settings at anytime by clicking Show on the PSA Integration tab.
Once complete, and while you're still on this page, you can set up your ticketing defaults, which is the first step towards taking advantage of our intelligent ticketing.
For instructions on how to set up your ticketing defaults in Backup Radar, see Ticketing Defaults.
Any questions? Reach out to our friendly, neighborhood support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.