Follow the steps below to create an integration between Veeam Backup and Replication and Backup Radar.
What you'll need:
• Your Backup Radar email address (this can be found in your Backup Radar account under Integration > Mailboxes).
• Access to a Veeam account.
Note: This article captures third-party steps and/or an interface that may have since been updated.
- From the main menu of your Veeam account, select General Options.
- Select the Email Settings tab and check the Enable e-mail notifications box.
- Enter the following information, click Test Message to check that all settings have been configured correctly, and click Apply:
a. Mail server: Select SMTP server (basic authentication) to proceed with the default authentication method. To explore other supported methods, see the following article from Veeam: Configuring Global Email Notification Settings.
b. SMTP server: Input SMTP server information.
Note: SMTP server information is not provided by Backup Radar.
c. From: Enter the email from which email notifications should be sent. This may need to be the account you use to connect to Veeam Backup and Replication.
d. To: Enter your Backup Radar email address.
Note: We recommend using plus email addressing, also known as sub-addressing, to create a variation of your email address to produce a Backup Client ID.
Note: Every recipient specified in this field will receive notifications about every job managed by the backup server.
e. Subject: Leave the default subject in this field.
Note: In the occasional scenario when you have multiple Veeam Endpoint backups with the same server name, you can add a Job: field to the subject as shown below and we will pick the job name up from that field.
f. Send daily reports at: Choose a time from the menu.
• We recommend scheduling reports to send after you expect the backups to have completed, as this will help you avoid inconsistent reporting.
g. Select the Notify on: checkboxes for Success, Warning, and Failure to receive email notifications if a job is run successfully, with a warning, or unsuccessfully.
h. Suppress notifications until the last retry: Leave this unchecked, as selecting it will result in only receiving a notification about the final job status instead of one notification per every attempt.
For more information, feel free to review the following article from Veeam: Configuring Global Email Notification Settings.
Now that you’ve set up your email notifications, you’ll want to activate this backup within Backup Radar. You can find instructions for doing this here: Activation Overview.
Any questions? Reach out to our friendly, neighborhood support team at email@example.com.