Follow the steps below to create an integration between Datto Autotask and Backup Radar.
What you'll need:
• Admin access to a Datto Autotask account.
Note: This article captures third-party steps and/or an interface that may have since been updated.
- In your Datto Autotask account, click Admin > Resources (Users).
- Click the arrow to expand the New drop-down menu and select New API User.
- Fill in the following required fields in the pop-up windows that appears:
- First Name: This can be anything you like (or example, "Backup").
- Last Name: This can be anything you like (or example, "Radar").
- Email Address: This can be any email address you have access to.
- Security Level: Set this to the highest level available.
Primary Internal Location: Choose the appropriate option for you.
- Click Generate Key and Generate Secret and make a note of the values that are automatically generated.
- Under Integration Vendor, choose Backup Radar.
- Click Save & Close.
- In Backup Radar, click Integration > PSA Integration.
- Under the PSA Integration tab, click Configure.
- From the PSA Integration drop-down menu, select Autotask.
- Enter the following information and click Next Step:
a. API Version: Select REST.
Note: Datto Autotask's SOAP API integration is currently retired and no longer supported.
b. User Name (the Username (Key) you generated in Datto Autotask).
c. Private Key (the Password (Secret) you generated in Datto Autotask).
- Select the Company Types and Company Statuses for the company names you wish to sync to Backup Radar and click Next Step.
Note: We do not sync any other information beyond the company name.
- Configure your sync settings and click Next Step.
Note: We recommend you sync the Server and Workstation, or Managed Workstation and Managed Server, depending on which naming convention you prefer on the configuration types, as shown below. These will be used to generate Device Types in Backup Radar. You can use the search to find them if you have an extensive list of options.
- The final step gives you an opportunity to preview which of your Datto Autotask companies will be imported. Select Get companies to see this list.
If there are any issues with the list, click Previous Step to go back and make the necessary adjustments. When you are ready to proceed you can select Confirm Integration.
To make modifications to or delete your PSA integration, follow the steps in the following article: Modifying and Deleting a PSA Integration.
Once complete, and while you're still on this page, you can set up your ticketing defaults, which is the first step towards taking advantage of our intelligent ticketing.
For instructions on how to set up your ticketing defaults in Backup Radar, see Ticketing Defaults.
Any questions? Reach out to our friendly, neighborhood support team at email@example.com.